"Christmas Crowns" 6x8 Pocket Page

Friday 10 November 2017
When I think of Christmas parties with the BCG, I think of Christmas crowns and crackers! They've slowly started gaining popularity here in the US and that makes me excited. If you're not familiar with crackers, they're these wrapped cardboard tubes that you and another person each grab an end and pull. There's a great pop! sound when they're opened. (Also, you can't bring these on planes bc they're considered a firework...) Inside are little oddities: a paper crown, a joke, a toy.
I had these photos from last year's Consulate Christmas party, where so many of us are wearing our crowns. I thought they'd be a fun embellishment for the spread and since crowns are so easy to hand cut, I pulled several of the journaling tags from the November monthly kit and hacked away with my scissors.
I loved this "hello traditions" die cut from the monthly kit. It was perfect for these photos that feature my favorite BCG Christmas party tradition, the pub quiz I'd make every year. I added a hand cut crown and puffy heart for a bit of embellishing.
To embellish the main journaling tag, I stamped using the so adorable Stanley Jr Solid Alphabet stamps. Stanley Sr has been my favorite alpha of all time and I'm so excited to have a smaller version to use! Then I added a crown and wood veneer star.
Sometimes it's fun to build a journaling card totally from scratch. I cut down some white cardstock, adhered the paper crowns, outlined a few with pen and stitched through them for some added texture. Then I stamped "Christmas" from the Document December stamp set and "Crowns" using the Stanley Jr. Alpha and to finish, stamped some dots from the Pure Joy stamp set.

Want to see what else I created using the November 2017 kit and extras? Here's the link to take you to the main post: Elle's Studio November 2017 Release.

Cheers & Besos,

No comments:

Post a Comment