"By the Numbers" Pocket Page

Thursday 10 August 2017

Y'all! This page....has my heart! I love how it turned out! I snuck a shot of this on my Instagram when the Stanley Number Stamp launched. Originally it was a 12x12 layout that I was struggling to find a place to put my photo on. It's not often that I do that, start with the design and then add the photo. But since I wanted the stats to be the focus, that's how it happened.


When I went to finish it, I just couldn't find a place where I liked the photo placement. So I decided to turn this into a two page spread. Originally, I printed a 12x12 photo to pair beside it. But that didn't look right either! And then I struck on an idea...what if I trimmed the 12x12 to 9x12 and paired it with a 9x12 pocket? Problem solved!


As I mentioned, I wanted the stats to be the focus. I used the Stanley Alphabet Stamp-Solid and Stanley Number Stamp to add that all in. This stripped paper from the Live Laugh Love Paper Collection is the perfect size for those stamps!!


The die cuts were odds and ends from my ES stash. And I used the Live Laugh Love Enamel Dots & Wood Veneer. Plus a Cork Tag from the July release.

For the pocket page, I went really simple: a black and white photo from each year back to 2009 and one of the awesome Wood Veneer Pocket Fillers available this month. Since this was a numbers themed page, I stamped directly onto the wood using the Stanley Numbers Stamp, which includes both the solid and the outline! I even stitched a die cut from the August Monthly Kit, to the bottom of the card, then added a few pieces from the So Awesome Puffy Sticker sheet and one small heart from this months Heart Circle Acrylics.


I love mixing color with black and white. So this spread makes me really happy!

Cheers & Besos,

No comments:

Post a Comment