Monthly Photo Baby Scrapbook

Saturday 5 August 2017

I love making paper gifts for my friends and family! As a baby shower gift, I created this mini album for my cousin who is about to have her first baby. My mom and I collaborated on her gift. Basically, we put together a starter kit for her to be able to take a monthly photo of her little one. My mom purchased a soft blanket for little Jack to lay on and also a stuffed monkey to lay next to him to track his growth. And I bought a package of monthly stickers to add to his clothes and also took over on the album side. All my cousin has to do is take a monthly photo, print it out and slip it into the album. I wanted this to be as simple as possible for her! I hear new mothers have plenty to do ;)


Of course, I made a card to go along with the gift. I used scraps (of my scraps), some letter stickers and die cut "baby" out of white cardstock using this cut file. I wrote out a little note inside and also included a type explanation to the gift so she'd know what everything was used for! The arrow paper clip held it inside the card. For the envelope, I used my stamps (including my favorite Stanley Alpha) and several colors of ink to add his name.


I had so much fun adding his name! I used scraps (of my scraps) and die cut his name using my Silhouette Cameo. I outlined the letters to give them extra definition, added a few punched stars and a brad and button. The final touches were dropping gold mist and sewing around the edge.


The album itself is a 4x6 Simple Stories one which I'm totally in love with and want tons more! I had no idea they even made this size. It came with a variety of page protectors but I only used the full 4x6 ones. (I had to buy a few extra packs).


The format for the album was super simple. Photo on one side and decorated card where she can add the date on the other side. I loved this circle number cut file and cut all of them out of white textured cardstock.


To decorate the cards I used the same format for each: a circle number backed by patterned paper + pinked punched circle + button + date stamp + gold mist droplets. It was so simple to hammer these out!


The majority of the paper was pulled from my scrap box. I think I only had to cut into 2 new sheets of patterned paper because I wanted more blues. I also didn't want this to become an all blue project so I made sure to include greens, browns, grays, black & white with pops of orange.


The album itself only took a few hours to complete. And I love how it turned out!

Cheers & Besos,

No comments:

Post a Comment