"Book Loving" Mini Album

Saturday 17 March 2018
So I've started yet another 6x8 mini book and I have to say, I'm sooooooo excited about how its coming together!! It's all about my love of books. They're right up there with paper crafting when it comes to my favorite things in the world. 

It all started with a bucket list of books I want to read. I love English literature so I've made a goal to read (or re-read) all of Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters and Elizabeth Gaskell's works. Just documenting that kicked off 5 pages of this mini album alone!


I feel head over heels in love with this pattern from Paige Evan's Oh My Heart collection. It was too perfect to not use for the title page for this layout.


I die cut my title from white and pink cardstock. And the only embellishing I did was this puffy sticker from Brandi Kincaid for Feed Your Craft.


I created a list to track all of the books I plan to read using a true hodge podge of products. For the list, I wanted to mark those that I own so I know what I need to buy. And also I wanted a record of the ones that I've completed.


I used PinkFresh Studio puffy stickers for "the list" title and an old Papertrey Ink stamp for a bit of flourish below it.


The bottom edge is patterned paper from PinkFresh Studio + a die cut and puffy sticker from Brandi Kincaid for Feed Your Craft + a Studio Calico patch. I cut out the same books from elsewhere on the patterned paper and adhered them on top of the original using foam squares for a bit more dimension.


This is the page that started it all! I was originally going to make it a mini page about self-care but decided it was perfect for documenting this latest project of mine. I used a ton of PinkFresh Studio's Let Your Heart Decide collection for it.


I layered several sheets from the 6x6 paper pad and even used some packaging from the collection to write my journaling on.


Once I finished the previous page I realized I had more to say so I continued it on this page. You'll notice neither page has photos. Instead journaling and the list of books become the focal point for these mini pages.


I wanted to mix both modern and vintage design elements on this page. So I chose a more classic font and added some lace trim alongside the  more modern patterns and geometric books.


Then I started documenting a bit more about each book I've completed. The first was Villette by Charlotte Bronte. I happened up this book at my local Half Price and thought I'd give it a try having never read it before. It was so fun to immerse myself in a story I'd never heard before.


I used more PinkFresh Studio, combining patterned paper from A Case of the Blahs and Let Your Heart Decide. I also threw in some of the new Elle's Studio goodies since the blue matched the title of the book so perfectly! The label is from the March 2018 Monthly Kit and the puffy alpha stickers are cerulean. And the sentiment is from the Read stamp set.


The final page I'm sharing documents the second book I finished just a few weeks ago. I LOVED Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. It's the first book of hers that I've read and it was so good.


I used lots of PinkFresh on this page and turned the bottom half into a pocket for my journaling. I decorated a left over extra large shipping tag, stamped at the top and journaled at the bottom.  Love the "long story" and "I like big books" sentiments on this page. This book is meaty at over 600 pages. It's one of the reasons I wanted to read it. I love a big hearty book!


And that's the start of this album! I have plans to include pages on what I'm currently reading, the local bookshops and places I go to buy new (and new to me) books, lists and of course more of this bucket list project.

Cheers & Besos,

No comments:

Post a Comment