Bullet Journal: 2017 Approach

Thursday 20 July 2017
Y'all, I am so excited about my bullet journal! If you follow me on Instagram (@jamie_makes) you will have seen my first spread of 2017. It had me giddy with excitement and totally in love with this format so I'm diving in full force. As one does when it comes to paper projects!

BUT, I'm not doing it the same way I use to. You can read more about my traditional approach to bullet journaling from these 2015/2016 blog posts. But I've switched things up in a major way.

I've started making monthly notebooks!!


I am in love with this format and this project. It has been so much fun to get back into. Every Sunday I've been sitting down and setting up my weekly spreads. But this time, instead of re-inventing the wheel or rather, drawing lines for an hour, I can print a few sheets out on my printer once a month and get to work every week straight away!

This month's notebook featured a slightly older Illustrated Faith patterned paper cover, a cut file that took some finessing from svgfox's Easy store and Elle's Studio Letter & Number Stickers in Teal.

I put together a video talking through my approach. Due to a tactical error, the video slowly goes off center as you watch. This was because the tripod arm was moving and I didn't notice while I was talking! BUT, I don't think you lose much as the project stays fairly centered. I didn't not want to share this, despite its' flaws, because I felt like I explained my approach really well in it!


Here are a few stamp sets that were featured on the first page: Waffle Flower Calendar Stamp, Elle's Studio Stanley Alphabet-Solid. I used Studio Calico's Color Theory Flamingo ink pad to stamp the calendar and month each week.

Every week I've had so much fun putting together my weekly spreads. As I've been getting my bearings at my new job I haven't had time to share these. So I decided this would be a bullet journal weekend! Today, tomorrow and Sunday I'm planning to share a bullet journal project or video with you all.  Be sure to check back Saturday to see my Week of July 03 weekly spread!

Cheers & Besos,

No comments:

Post a Comment