"Sleeping Cats" Scrapbook Layout

Monday 10 July 2017
Let Sleeping Cats Lie Supplies Used: Elle's Studio July 2017 Monthly Kit, Summer Puffy Stickers,  Little Acrylic Stars, Stanley Alphabet Stamp-Outline, Stanley Alphabet Stamp-Solid, Title Builder Alphabet Stamp
Oh my Izzy (full name Islington)! How I love him so! There's just something so adorable about a sleeping cat. And my cat loves to sleep in the oddest positions. I love that he's totally comfortable at home with us!

This page started with the title. I thought it would be fun to play on the old adage "let sleeping dogs lie". I just substituted the species. I used the new Stanley Alphabet Stamps (Solid & Outline) plus the blocky Title Builder Alpha to create the title. I love the mix of fonts, sizes and colors!
I used a collection of Izzy sleeping photos to tell this story. I have so many that I had to whittle it down to just my favorites. Because they had so many different colors and hues, I decided to covert them all to black and white.

When I sat down to make this page, I knew I wanted to create a central design. I wasn't sure how busy I wanted the background to be and was considering a patterned paper. But eventually opted for this mustard yellow color. I loved it paired with the light and dark blue plus the gray, black and white!
To embellish, I cut up two of the journaling tags in the July 2017 monthly kit. They both featured star designs. I glued these around the page and then for added dimension, added puffy stars and dots and an acrylic star or two.
To see the other projects I made with the July 2017 Kit and extras click here: Elle's Studio July 2017 Release.

Cheers & Besos,

No comments:

Post a Comment